Monday, January 23, 2012

The In-row data RSVD page count for object "Table123" is incorrect. Run DBCC UPDATEUSAGE

Over the weekend I received an alert from the backup job that the full backup had failed. On further analysis I found that the DBCC CheckDB step before the full backup step failed with the following message.

Executing the query "DBCC CHECKDB WITH NO_INFOMSGS " failed with the following error:
The In-row data RSVD page count for object "Table456", index ID 0, partition ID 549656920064, alloc unit ID 549656920064 (type In-row data) is incorrect. Run DBCC UPDATEUSAGE.
The In-row data RSVD page count for object "Table123", index ID 0, partition ID 23025438949376, alloc unit ID 23025438949376 (type In-row data) is incorrect. Run DBCC UPDATEUSAGE.

As suggested in the message, I decided to run the DBCC UPDATEUSAGE on the concerned database. But before I did that, I exported all the tables to CSV files. Generated scripts to create all the users and grant them the permissions. Saved the previous successful backup so that I can recreate all the objects if required.
Then I ran the DBCC command and it ran successfully. Checked the DBCC CheckDB output one more time and verified everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment