Thursday, February 9, 2012

Configuration Manager - The server threw an exception 0x80010105

SQL Server : SQL Server Configuration Manager - The server threw an exception 0x80010105


Recently I received this error while I tried opening the SQL Server Configuration manager. Coincidentally, I was unable to open the SQL Server Error logs in SSMS. It gave me an error saying that I didn't have SECURITYADMIN authority on the instance.

I was unable administer the instance because of this issue. It seemed to me that my Windows login profile was corrupted. After some research found that the best way to fix the exception was to restart the WMI service.
To get more details about WMI please visit the following link.

I was hesitant to restart this service as I didn't have sufficient knowledge of it. So I preferred to restart the entire server and that seemed to fix the problem. Before I did that I gave my ID SYSADMIN authority explicitly but that didn't do the trick.

 If you find a better way to fix it then please update me about it. I hate to restart the instance or the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment