Thursday, March 28, 2013

Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission

Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run DTS Execution job steps without a proxy account.  The step failed.

Yesterday, I scheduled some maintenance plans for one of my new servers and today I see that all of them failed with the same error like the one mentioned above. There are various work arounds for this error but the simplest according to me would be to change the ownership of the job to the SA account.

First I had the SQL Server Agent service account added to the local admin group. But still the jobs kept failing so as the next step I changed the ownership of the job to SA. Just go to the properties of the job and change that.



This should fix the problem otherwise you will have to go through the process of creating proxy accounts and credentials to run the jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment