Friday, October 13, 2017

Error 2601 Severity 14 State 6 Server (SYBASE) Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object 'sysusages' with unique index 'csysusages'

Number (2601) Severity (14) State (6) Server (SYBASE) Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object 'sysusages' with unique index 'csysusages'

As you might notice lately I have been writing a few blogposts related to Sybase errors. Having worked as a DB2 DBA for a long time, I do have good expertise on Linux/UNIX servers. So in my current environment I am the Sybase DBA because the database features is very close to SQL Server.

Anyways, for the last two weeks I have been building a new Sybase server and hence all these errors and posts about them.

Today I was trying to add a new device to the database and alter the database. But I got the above error.
Along with that when I try to find the database size using a query against sysdatabases and sysusages, I get the following error.

And I could not extend the existing database devices. After a lot of troubleshooting I executed the following and fixed my database device issue.

sp_dbremap dbname


No comments:

Post a Comment