Friday, June 26, 2015

Oracle 11g" Java version 1.5.0_17 not supported sql developer

Enter the full pathname for java.exe

I started working for a new company and here I am on a team which supports Oracle and Sybase database along with SQL Server databases. So going forward you might see some blog posts from those database platforms as well.

Java version 1.5.0_17 not supported sql developer

So as part of setting up my workstation I was installing SQL Developer to work with the Oracle databases. But it could not find the Java JDK path. So I first set it to the following

C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\jdk

Then I got the error that the Java version was not supported. After some quick google searches I found that we need to set this to the Java in the path similar to the following one.

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45

If the error is related to the full path of java.exe then find where you have javac.exe on your workstation.

Mine was in C:\Oracle32\product\11.2.0\client_1\jdk\bin

But you should only enter the path for the JDK directory so exclude the 'bin' at the end.

So I entered C:\Oracle32\product\11.2.0\client_1\jdk


No comments:

Post a Comment